…coming together but I would like your opinion on the runners.
This is the first coat of paint on . I went on to put 3 coats down. I also touched up the baseboards with the white Gary brought me. I still have one bedroom door to do. (on right) That is the bedroom I have to gut but not this year.
So I bought two runners. This one is SOOOOOOOOOOOO soft and it’s gorgeous. But I don’t think it’s wide enough. So I moved it off to the side and ……….
…..brought this one up. They both arrived on Saturday altho their tracking said today.
What do you think??
I’m off to play with these today….
My son brought me an electric scraper/sander….Wish me luck!!
………..and I actually SLEPT last night!
This is me after a half day at work….It is just too peopley out there.
There is just too much going on right now with all this crap? Just thinking about it makes me tired.
I think I can anyway.
….and I’m not too sure I’m succeeding.
1) NO ONE gets this. We can still be social. We just have to do it at a distance. It is not social distancing. It is PHYSICAL distancing. Stay physically away.
2) My dad’s last sibling died Sunday night. I’m just at a loss. This uncle looked so much like my dad, my kids would run up to him “Hi Gramp…..you’re not Grampa……” and look at me like WTH! Who IS that guy that looks exactly like my Grampa!!?? I am going to miss him beyond words. He always had such a great smile for me.
3) All that kept going through my mind last night is ‘it’s just Dad, Mom, and Aunt Ruthie left.’ Aunt Ruthie is 98, Dad will be 88 in May, and Mom is 84. Just 4 short years ago we still had Nick, Aunt Eunice, Uncle Bert, Aunt Della, Scott and Uncle Lee. And people wonder why I drink. Silly people.
4) I have a group of ladies I love dearly. Last night I finally admitted I am NOT doing OK in our group message. You all know how I always say “I’ll be OK. I always am.” Well I’m not. Too many people have died from my family lately not to mention friends and friends parents. I’ve lost track of them all and should write them all down. I never remember to.
5) I have a co-worker who is bound and determined to be as disrespectful as he possibly can. I think part of it is I called the President (my former boss) and bitched. I am sick to fucking DEATH of smelling cigarettes in my office which is at the OTHER end of a 100′ or more long building. Get the HELL away from the doors! He also made the HUGE mistake of calling me a receptionist yesterday. Major fuck up asshat. Sorry for the language but damn. Be a bit respectful of your co-workers. He lives to piss me off. Can’t take a phone call to save his soul and when he does? Milks it so then I have 4 lines ringing and he sends one of his back to me which locks up my phone. I’m just gonna poke him in the eye with a sharp stick. Sound good?
I’m done ranting. My world is topsy turvy right now along with everyone else. Just trying to deal with Uncle’s death in all this is just so different.
Take care and stay safe.
I started on the downstairs bath so I can get the rest of the trim on there. Will finish these 3 walls tonight. (There is a short wall to the right yet that will get this color) The rest will get a lighter grey. I have a burgundy sheer curtain and will probably change that. I need some rugs. Any suggestions??
Pardon the finger in the photo. It was late. I was tired. I’d taken my Melatonin which only succeeded in making me take a photo with my finger in it. I got into bed and laid there for 2 hours. *sigh*
I can only paint part of this as the walls on both sides of my shower need a scrap piece of sheet rock. No. You don’t get to see a photo.
Yes, Gary came over again. He brought paint, brushes and half a chair. LOL. The chair is for Lorenzo’s room. I’ll get a photo when it’s all back together. I got the cushion and the ottoman. The ‘chair’ part was too heavy for Gary to lift alone. He’ll need help loading it. I’ll help when it gets to my house.
So look what was under the landing carpet? Pretty durn good shape. I’ll need to sand some of it.
It looks pretty good I think. I did some scraping with a duller razor blade….and….
And it looked like this when I got done. MUCH better. Then I told Gary “I am going to go get us some ice water and stoke up the wood stove. Because I want you to just take off the first step of carpet so I know if I need to be disappointed….or ecstatic.”
I CAME BACK TO REAL STEPS!!!! I knew Sonny had installed these. I just didn’t know he had gotten REAL STEPS!!! I can sand these down then see what finish they should have. Anyone who says varnish? The front bedroom is ready for you when you come to do that for me.
I figured the hallway would be plywood. And it’s in pretty good shape. So I will paint the crap outta it and then lay a runner. Did anyone ever tell me what color would be good??
I am so pleased with the results of our work this weekend. This is all ready to sand down then paint. The stairs will be scraped and sanded then a decision made.
The house is getting closer to being done. I’m loving this.
I am 100% done with THIS week and about 86% done with NEXT week already.
I may make some bread this weekend too. I haven’t made any for a while now. And it’s crappy bread in the stores. Really. Who eats Wonder bread anymore when you have Artisan breads out there??
Have a good weekend y’all. I’ll take photos of the carpet removal…..