Inviting Contributors, Followers, and Viewers
On WordPress.com, you are able to add users to your website by sending invitations. To send an invitation, you’ll want these two pieces of information:
- A person’s username or email address
- The role that you’d like a person to have on your site
How to Invite People to Your Site
- Click on People -> Add in your My Sites Menu.
- Type the user’s email address or WordPress.com username.
- Select a role from the dropdown. Each user role has different privileges on the site, so choose carefully.
Optionally, you can enter a custom message that will be sent in the invitation to the person.
- Click the Send Invitation button.
- After sending the invitation, the person that you invited will receive an invitation email.
Once the user clicks the “Accept Invitation” button in that email, they will now be able to access your blog by visiting the My Blogs section of their dashboard when they log in to WordPress.com.
Viewing and Removing Viewers from a Private Blog
You can see who has accepted an invitation to view your private blog as well as remove viewers by going to your Dashboard and navigating to People, and selecting the Viewers tab at the top.
To delete a viewer, just click the Remove User button. That user will no longer be able to see your private blog.