Bittersweet farewell tour…..


So…I finally got an appointment Monday morning at the Passport office in Minneapolis. Keep your fingers crossed. If it doesn’t work, we’ll wind our way up to Door County instead.

We are staying in Roseville Sunday evening and it CLAIMS to be an 11 minutes drive to the office from our motel. I think we’ll give ourselves 45 minutes. It will be Monday morning in the twin cities, yanno.

We both just want to get away from everything and everyone. Mostly everyone and the phones. I’ll have mine with but it may be on mute most of the time. You can contact me via whatever….I’ll reply when I can. I most likely will wait till Nick is sleeping.

I’m thinking we might do photos of us in front of odd things and you all guess where we are….

Ya….make it a CHALLENGE to figure out where we are……*smiles*

Posted in Me

18 thoughts on “Bittersweet farewell tour…..

  1. Take care. I don’t think you need one for Canada do you? We went across without. Of course we didn’t go far, just to Niagara Falls and a little beyond. You did say that was where you were headed?

    Liked by 1 person

      1. Ahh! I wonder if it’s like Mexico here? If you go to Baja, you don’t need one but if you go into the interior you need that or a temporary visa. We should be just one big country north and south and call it good. LOL

        Liked by 1 person

  2. From CBSA ” If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to enter Canada. However, you should carry proof of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization, as well as photo identification. ” But you will need a Passport Book (if traveling by air), or Passport Card (if traveling by land) to re-enter the United States, so the border agents will check that you have one to be able to re-enter the U.S.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. and I need mine renewed anyway….so may as well do it. I wonder if they will just let him have a visa instead of doing a 10 year renewal for him.


      1. According to my source inside the US Passport Offices an emergency renewal can be done in no more than 8 days. Not sure if that means it can happen in less than 24 hours. (less than 24 hours would be unusual for sure) A visa is not anything like a passport. The concern is more for coming back into the country after having visited Canada, Sue. If you are willing to take that chance then at the least be sure to take birth certificates, driver’s licences and maybe even doctor’s letters about Nick’s situation (perhaps an official letter from hospice.)

        Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s