– In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
– In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
– In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said “Know Jesus Know Peace” but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
– In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing “Find the Cure” eye black for breast cancer awareness.
– In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem…).
– In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
– In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden… It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11…
But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be.
I have lost my tolerance for a LOT of things. NFL and MBL are two that come to mind. I done with people who play for millions of dollars a year, live in STUPIDLY overdone homes, with arrests for violence against more wives than they should have…… When I struggle to survive each day.
I live in a home that is too big for just me so I took in my daughter and family so they can save to buy a home of their own.
LOTS of my family members are military, including the son in law that lives in my home.
My husband died from cancer. And these guys go thru wives like most people go thru cars. I would give anything to have my Nick back.