…doing yet another survey, I again click “widow” as my marital status.
I’ve been pondering this for a while now.
How long do I keep clicking that?
Till I get married again? (like THAT’S gonna happen)
Till I die? (Well THAT will happen)
Why can’t they just add ‘in a relationship’ to that list so I feel like I have a choice?
This year the anniversary of Nick’s diagnosis hit me. But then I had all that other crap happening to make my mental stability a bit wobbly. The wobbly bits didn’t last very long time time so I know I am doing better.
I have a friend who lost her G’ma and her mom within a month. The thought of losing either of my parents? Just drops me to my knees. My generation grew up somehow believing our parents generation was immortal or something. Now, with the death of my uncle, half of them are now gone.
I can’t wrap my head around it yet. Uncle Carl and Aunt Eunice, Aunt Della (Uncle Lee is 90 or 91), now Uncle Bert (Aunt Ruthie is 97) and my parents who are 87 and 84. In less than 10 years, all of them could be gone.
It’s a balmy 33*F/1*C here this early am. My cold has gotten better as I am only swaying in my chair instead of my forehead hitting the keyboard and snoring emanating from beneath my nose….
It is only 9:20am and my boss is complaining of his cold. And 30 minutes from now he will leave to go home. I was here everyday, coughing into my elbow and doing my work.
I have been steadily losing weight lately. I am happy with it. I can’t eat like I used to. Part of it is my cold. Just not much appetite. But I am not eating as much. I used to down a foot long from Subway. Now? Half that is good. I still get the foot long. I just eat the other half for supper instead now. I’m down a good 5lbs which is a steady down. Earlier, I would be down 2 up 4! down 3 back up 2, it was nuts. I have to get this off. I hate feeling like I do. I’ve been using BiteSnap app on my phone to count calories. It’s pretty easy to use and it has helped me.
Yup. 10am and boss went home. And I’m still here…..LOL………
Leaving at noon on Friday for a wedding in the cities. 4pm wedding on a Friday. Is this the new thing to get all your friends a day off from work? lol. I’m taking a half day. The bride is so sweet. Now I have to find something to WEAR!!! I’ll post photos next week.
No word on uncle’s funeral yet. Getting his brother here from CA might be a challenge.
Hope you try the Halloweensie story challenge…………..good luck!
………….Suzi Bell anymore.
My Uncle passed away this morning. Just 4 weeks past his 93rd birthday.
Rest in peace Uncle. Suzi Bell will miss you more than you know.
I think I hacked up my left lung this morning.
OMG this cold has got me by the throat and won’t let go. Saturday night, in bed by 10pm, did not awaken till 10am. THAT felt good but I’m still coughing and I sound like Kermit the Frog or a cartoon character. Lennox loves that. He giggles at me. Little stinker.
Craft Fair on Saturday was a bust. Newt Gingrich’s MIL auction at the same time. OOPS! Guess they didn’t think about anyone else having something going on when they scheduled that. Talk about town things working against each other.
Willa is trying to stand (and succeeding). The stinker! Growing much too fast.
We have a wedding on Friday in the cities at 4pm. Hope I’m feeling better. I want to dance.
OK, So there are no cats. But did you REALLY notice before I pointed that OUT????
I read this over on Kat’s blog and reminded me of a story I don’t think I’ve told y’all about.
I used to listen to Country Radio. Ya. Back when Country was country and it was good to listen to. I played a song backwards once and I found my truck, my old boyfriend came back and it stopped raining. (some of you will get that………….)
Anyway. The radio station I used to listen to did caller polls. I won tickets to Gallagher once for being the umpteenth caller. YA! Awesome concert.
Anyway again….John ( I can’t remember his last name) and (not her real name) Jaclyn Daniels (I’ll wait for it……..tap tap tap…………..did you get THAT one? She’s from Tennessee…..?)were the hosts of the morning show.
One morning they did this caller poll:
When in a public restroom, do you Sit? or Hover?
100% of the women that called in said they hovered.
Of course I had to call after listening for a few minutes.
“Radio station letters and numbers! Thanks for calling! Will you answer the poll of When using a public bathroom……do you sit or do you hover?”
Well , I was listening to all the ones that called before me say they hover….So I sit! Because no one else does. Seat must be clean!!
They lost it…
I still chuckle………………..
Wow…the weeks go by faster than I like!
1) I made it through this week intact. Some of the BS going on has subsided. Which is good. Because if I had gotten this nasty cold (Thanks Willa!) last week? I would have taken some mental health days. I was overwhelmed with grief and bs and crap and bewilderment that people can be that insensitive and stupid. Their ‘selfishness’ is showing and it will be detrimental to that group if things don’t change.
2) I have no control over when things will slam into me. Grief is like that. Sometimes a song, or a place or even a word will trigger. I was doing fine until these other 3 piles of BS happened. All at the same time. Sometimes things get piled on too much and it’s hard to handle. I miss Nick. That fact will stay with me forever. Gary is a good man and because of him, it’s easier to deal with things together.
3) My son and his wife are adopting J and T. 8 kids. Wow. How fun! Each one is loved in their own way. It’s fun to see how B and B handle all the chaos. Wonder how many more they’ll take in. It’s sad to see that the parents do not want these children. My son and his wife have huge hearts. I’m glad of that. They make me proud.
4) I have a craft fair tomorrow. I haven’t done one in a couple years. I need to pull out some Pchef to put out too. I need my closet back! I’m also taking scarves and baby blankets/lap robes. Here’s hoping!
5) I’m leaving you with some shots of my sunrises. Love the one that looks like cotton candy. The one this morning was amazing. And of course this worthless phone missed it. When I leave town, I head towards a pass(Decorah Peak) The light was in the pass and not up over the tops of the hills on each side. It was stunning. And this effing phone……grrrrrrrr
So tell me of your sunrise this morning and have a warm, wonderful, fun filled kind of day………..
5 Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless) (do not cook first)
2 Onions diced
1 yellow pepper diced (i can’t eat yellow, orange or red so I just use 2 green)
1 green pepper diced
2 T mustard (i use dry powder)
1 – 15oz can black beans
1 – 15oz can white beans
1 – 15oz can pinto beans
Shred the chicken and mix well.
THIS IS A SERIOUSLY GREAT RECIPE!!!
I can’t stop eating this once I start. It is VERY good.
Please tell me if you make it and what you think of the recipe???