It is Friday. I have jumped on that Friday Five Bandwagon and now I have to rack my brain, similar to racking pool balls, and come up with 5 actual thoughts. OK. Here we go.
1) I called my friend Dan today. He answered “Dan’s House of Pain. How can I help you?” I lost it. So he lost it. We are just sitting here laughing at each other for like a minute. If y’all remember, the first movie Dan and I watched together was Fatal Attraction. So I tried to tell him I was sitting here in the dark, flicking a lamp on and off but I was laughing too hard!
2) Lunch today will be a mystery. I have NO idea what I want to eat. And the grocery store down the street from me is a joke. I spose I can just go to Kwik Trip and grab a sammich. THAT sounds appetizing. I feel like I cannot even cook in my own kitchen so making up ‘leftovers’ is a no go til the kids move out.
3) The thought of not seeing my g’kids every day is breaking my heart. Willa gives me SUCH lovin’s and big smiles when she sees me. I will have to go to their new house often. I kind of hope this deal falls through and they move closer than where this house is. But it IS their life and their decision. So………….
4) I brought home some cookies that one of the vendors brought for us. On Monday night, they both helped me get the wood room cleaned out (and the wood that was down there is now stacked out of the way so Sunday we can drop more in.) They each got a cookie then. As they were eating them, the 5 year old leaps in front of me “WHAT do I have to do to get another cookie Nonna?????” I about snorted milk out my nose! So last night, I brought home some more cookies. Again the 5 year old states “What do I have to do to get one Nonna??” You should have seen his eyes light up when I told him he gets one just because he found one of my rings! I’ll find another job for him too because I brought home 4 cookies! lol!
5) Here is the wood room that the 5 year old earned a cookie helping with. All that wood has been burned but the soil and dead bugs, bark and misc crap that comes with having a wood room, was all over the floor. I’ve wanted to clean it up for years but before Nick got sick “Aw just leave it!” then I did nothing while he was ill, and I’m just now getting into the groove of living and getting shit done. So the floor got all cleaned up. The wood is stacked ready for more before the snow flies. Sounds like Sunday is the day…..I’ll get more photos.
Well, if you are wandering near my area on Saturday, join us for the bonfire. If you are wandering by on Sunday, stop in and join us for WoodFest. I’ll have to figure out what I am cooking for everyone! Probably Pork Chops, Baked taters, green beans, salad….some kind of desert…..you are welcome to join us!! Til then? Say hey and have a great day!