….and I’m not too sure I’m succeeding.
1) NO ONE gets this. We can still be social. We just have to do it at a distance. It is not social distancing. It is PHYSICAL distancing. Stay physically away.
2) My dad’s last sibling died Sunday night. I’m just at a loss. This uncle looked so much like my dad, my kids would run up to him “Hi Gramp…..you’re not Grampa……” and look at me like WTH! Who IS that guy that looks exactly like my Grampa!!?? I am going to miss him beyond words. He always had such a great smile for me.
3) All that kept going through my mind last night is ‘it’s just Dad, Mom, and Aunt Ruthie left.’ Aunt Ruthie is 98, Dad will be 88 in May, and Mom is 84. Just 4 short years ago we still had Nick, Aunt Eunice, Uncle Bert, Aunt Della, Scott and Uncle Lee. And people wonder why I drink. Silly people.
4) I have a group of ladies I love dearly. Last night I finally admitted I am NOT doing OK in our group message. You all know how I always say “I’ll be OK. I always am.” Well I’m not. Too many people have died from my family lately not to mention friends and friends parents. I’ve lost track of them all and should write them all down. I never remember to.
5) I have a co-worker who is bound and determined to be as disrespectful as he possibly can. I think part of it is I called the President (my former boss) and bitched. I am sick to fucking DEATH of smelling cigarettes in my office which is at the OTHER end of a 100′ or more long building. Get the HELL away from the doors! He also made the HUGE mistake of calling me a receptionist yesterday. Major fuck up asshat. Sorry for the language but damn. Be a bit respectful of your co-workers. He lives to piss me off. Can’t take a phone call to save his soul and when he does? Milks it so then I have 4 lines ringing and he sends one of his back to me which locks up my phone. I’m just gonna poke him in the eye with a sharp stick. Sound good?
I’m done ranting. My world is topsy turvy right now along with everyone else. Just trying to deal with Uncle’s death in all this is just so different.
Take care and stay safe.
I started on the downstairs bath so I can get the rest of the trim on there. Will finish these 3 walls tonight. (There is a short wall to the right yet that will get this color) The rest will get a lighter grey. I have a burgundy sheer curtain and will probably change that. I need some rugs. Any suggestions??
Pardon the finger in the photo. It was late. I was tired. I’d taken my Melatonin which only succeeded in making me take a photo with my finger in it. I got into bed and laid there for 2 hours. *sigh*
I can only paint part of this as the walls on both sides of my shower need a scrap piece of sheet rock. No. You don’t get to see a photo.
Yes, Gary came over again. He brought paint, brushes and half a chair. LOL. The chair is for Lorenzo’s room. I’ll get a photo when it’s all back together. I got the cushion and the ottoman. The ‘chair’ part was too heavy for Gary to lift alone. He’ll need help loading it. I’ll help when it gets to my house.
So look what was under the landing carpet? Pretty durn good shape. I’ll need to sand some of it.
It looks pretty good I think. I did some scraping with a duller razor blade….and….
And it looked like this when I got done. MUCH better. Then I told Gary “I am going to go get us some ice water and stoke up the wood stove. Because I want you to just take off the first step of carpet so I know if I need to be disappointed….or ecstatic.”
I CAME BACK TO REAL STEPS!!!! I knew Sonny had installed these. I just didn’t know he had gotten REAL STEPS!!! I can sand these down then see what finish they should have. Anyone who says varnish? The front bedroom is ready for you when you come to do that for me.
I figured the hallway would be plywood. And it’s in pretty good shape. So I will paint the crap outta it and then lay a runner. Did anyone ever tell me what color would be good??
I am so pleased with the results of our work this weekend. This is all ready to sand down then paint. The stairs will be scraped and sanded then a decision made.
The house is getting closer to being done. I’m loving this.
I am 100% done with THIS week and about 86% done with NEXT week already.
I may make some bread this weekend too. I haven’t made any for a while now. And it’s crappy bread in the stores. Really. Who eats Wonder bread anymore when you have Artisan breads out there??
Have a good weekend y’all. I’ll take photos of the carpet removal…..
I was not drinking last night so I have no idea…..wait. I did have a peach wine cooler with supper. Hours earlier so that wasn’t a factor so why this photo is blurry?? Anyone’s guess.
Work is rough today. Tensions are getting high. Told to take care of why this order wasn’t finished. I try and get told I don’t know what the fuck I am doing. Leaving them from now on. I’m done.
Gary is coming over again this weekend and we’ll pull up that Gawd Awful carpet. He’s got 3 gallons of white paint for the floor. I’ll get a runner to tack down. I have treads for the stairs already.
I just want to go home. I’m sick of everything.
I was really hoping to take my computer home to work starting today. No word yet. Maybe by Friday. We weren’t busy on Friday or Monday. Tuesday and today? NUTS. I’m thinking a lot of people are coming in because both MN and WI are talking of closing the state. My friend heard to get in or out of MN you have to have a valid driver’s license or a work permit. I doubt the work permit is true but I’m thinking you need a valid driver’s license………………….anyway? lol
I miss my g’kids so much.
My upstairs hallway is mostly done. I’ve made a decision to just paint the doors and trim white. I have 4 different color doors right now. Then I can put some kind of fun decal on each door. It sure is much brighter in there. I’m liking how it’s ‘crisping’ things up and makes it look fresh.
But that Gawd Awful carpet MUST go!!!
Let’s do this RIGHT. Because the longer everyone DOESN’T?
The longer we’ll have to……
I miss my g’kids beyond words but I am staying away because this little bug
…has a heart condition and if she gets Covid-19? I could lose her. So let’s start behaving so I can GO GIVE MY GRANDDAUGHTER A HUG!!!! DAMMIT!!!!
They’ve already changed their minds and will re-evaluate at the end of the week.
So I’m at work yet till Friday for sure.
…..I am home. If they need me to come in, they call. I can’t see my grandkids. I won’t be at work. I can’t go out to eat.
Netflix??? YOU BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD SHIT ON YOUR CHANNEL!!! THAT’S ALL I’M SAYING!!!!
….the feng shui is off. That’s not as dumb as I used to think it sounded.
I sit in there and feel good but not ‘right’. The room doesn’t ‘flow’. I have to do some rearranging of furniture. The bed will stay where it is as will the books. I have a different chair coming that hopefully will balance it out. The desk will be moved back into the alcove for a quiet study area.
Then I will sit in there again and see. I will have to change the comforter to a guy one. I have a nice brown king I will throw on there. So fingers crossed and any suggestions would be wonderful.
I may be getting a second student. I’ll keep you posted.
I hope I can get it so it feels good to me. I’m lovin’ the paint on the closet doors. Just brings the room together and hides a bunch of crap on the doors. Tomorrow in the natural light, I’ll touch up any I missed. It’s hard to paint by lamp light!