….and I’m not too sure I’m succeeding.
1) NO ONE gets this. We can still be social. We just have to do it at a distance. It is not social distancing. It is PHYSICAL distancing. Stay physically away.
2) My dad’s last sibling died Sunday night. I’m just at a loss. This uncle looked so much like my dad, my kids would run up to him “Hi Gramp…..you’re not Grampa……” and look at me like WTH! Who IS that guy that looks exactly like my Grampa!!?? I am going to miss him beyond words. He always had such a great smile for me.
3) All that kept going through my mind last night is ‘it’s just Dad, Mom, and Aunt Ruthie left.’ Aunt Ruthie is 98, Dad will be 88 in May, and Mom is 84. Just 4 short years ago we still had Nick, Aunt Eunice, Uncle Bert, Aunt Della, Scott and Uncle Lee. And people wonder why I drink. Silly people.
4) I have a group of ladies I love dearly. Last night I finally admitted I am NOT doing OK in our group message. You all know how I always say “I’ll be OK. I always am.” Well I’m not. Too many people have died from my family lately not to mention friends and friends parents. I’ve lost track of them all and should write them all down. I never remember to.
5) I have a co-worker who is bound and determined to be as disrespectful as he possibly can. I think part of it is I called the President (my former boss) and bitched. I am sick to fucking DEATH of smelling cigarettes in my office which is at the OTHER end of a 100′ or more long building. Get the HELL away from the doors! He also made the HUGE mistake of calling me a receptionist yesterday. Major fuck up asshat. Sorry for the language but damn. Be a bit respectful of your co-workers. He lives to piss me off. Can’t take a phone call to save his soul and when he does? Milks it so then I have 4 lines ringing and he sends one of his back to me which locks up my phone. I’m just gonna poke him in the eye with a sharp stick. Sound good?
I’m done ranting. My world is topsy turvy right now along with everyone else. Just trying to deal with Uncle’s death in all this is just so different.
Take care and stay safe.