- 1913 Ford Motor Company institutes world’s 1st moving assembly line for the Model T Ford
- 1934 Leningrad mayor Sergey Kirov is assassinated and Joseph Stalin uses it as an excuse to begin his Great Purge of 1934-38
- 1955 Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to move to the back of a bus and give her seat to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama
- 1988 Benazir Bhutto named 1st female Prime Minister of a Muslim country (Pakistan)
- 1953 Hugh Hefner publishes 1st edition of Playboy magazine, featuring Marilyn Monroe as the magazine’s 1st centerfold
- 2003 “The Return of the King”, 3rd and final film in the Lord of the Rings series, directed by Peter Jackson and starring Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen premieres in Wellington, New Zealand
Oh there is a bunch more stuff from the rest of the month but MY birthday is December 1st. Today. Saturday December 5th, Jim has a party going on for me with some kind of big surprise.
I told him no ring. No preacher. No ceremony. LOL!
He looked so CRESTFALLEN!!
I’m kidding. We are not marrying.
I have NO idea what he has in store for me.
I wonder if I should worry……